Saturday, September 19, 2009

From the 3rd world to the most powerful world - Living in the United States of America.


It has been almost 5 weeks since I came to the US. But nothing much really has changed from my last visit here 8 years ago, other than the huge collapse in the economy. People seem to be nicer than ever and there seem to be more and more vehicles passing by every day.

First time in Texas and at Trinity, the world suddenly appears so much bigger to me. Even though the past few weeks have simply been a cycle of studying,reading and playing Tennis, I would like to point out a few differences, similarities, changes and facts that have impressed and inspired me during my stay here at Trinity.

Firstly, even though home feels 2 days away, the loneliness and the hunger for home cooked spicy food disappears instantly when I am with my friends from all over the country (mainly from Houston though!) and from all over the world. I have never been with such a diverse group of people. Even though our values and beliefs are considerably different, one thing that we shared equally was that, all of them were not against war but they were FOR peace!!

This concept is relatively new to me as my country has gone through a period of civil war for over 3 decades and because every man - woman, and child is FOR WAR.However, the more I come to think about peace,the more I believe it and the more I like it.The word itself brings peace to your mind.None of this would have been possible if it were not for my family and of course,Trinity.It is a great pleasure to be with these wonderful people with different backgrounds and with different stories to share.



























































Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment